The state of Maryland offers patients medical marijuana through the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission. Applications must be submitted online.
Who can qualify?
To be eligible for a Medical Marijuana card in Maryland you must be a resident of Maryland or show that you are in Maryland for the purpose of receiving medical treatment. You must be 18 years of age or older, or have a parent or guardian apply as a caregiver. You must also be diagnosed with one of the following conditions:
- Wasting syndrome
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Chronic pain
How much does it cost?
There is no application fee. Patients that are approved have the option to buy a printed ID card for $50.
How do I apply?
Apply for a Medical Marijuana card in Maryland by doing the following:
- Visit with your physician and have them issue an online certification
- Gather the necessary documents, including your email address, social security number, valid photo ID, proof of address and an electronic copy of a passport type photo.
- Visit the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission website and begin an application. Applications must be submitted at the time they are started, they cannot be saved for later completion.
- Verify your email address by following the link in the email sent by the registry website
- After receiving an email of approval your physician can issue you with a written certification. In order to legally purchase medical marijuana you must have both the written certification and your patient ID number.
- You can also purchase an optional patient ID card