The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs offers a Medical Marijuana Program to eligible patients.
Who can qualify?
To get a Medical Marijuana Card in Michigan you must be a resident of Michigan and 18 years of age or older, or have a parent/guardian apply as a caregiver. You must also be diagnosed with one of the following conditions:
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- HIV positive or AIDS
- Hepatitis C
- Severe nausea
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Nail patella
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Severe, chronic pain
How much does it cost?
$60.00 for a patient application, an additional $25 for their caregiver, if applicable.
How do I apply?
To submit an application for a Michigan Medical Marijuana card do the following:
- Print out a copy of the Application for Registry Identification Card form
- Visit with your physician and have them complete the Physician Certification part of the form
- Gather the necessary documents, including valid identification and proof of residency.
- Pay the application fee by check or money order, made payable to “State of Michigan – MMMP”
- Submit the application by mail. A decision will be made within 20 business days from when the application is received. Receiving your registry card can take up to 5 weeks from when the application is received.