How to Get a Missouri Medical Marijuana Card

Patients suffering from intractable epilepsy are eligible to participate in Missouri’s Hemp Extract Registration Program provided by the Department of Health and Senior Services. Being approved for a registration card allows a patient to possess and use CBD oil. Applications must be mailed.

Who is eligible?

The Hemp Extract Registration card is only available to residents of Missouri who are 18 years of age or older, or have a parent/guardian who will be in charge of the patient’s care. The patient must be diagnosed with intractable epilepsy, defined as epilepsy that has not responded to three or more treatment options. The neurologist providing the diagnosis must be licensed and board certified.

How much does it cost?

There is no application fee.

How do I apply?

Submitting an application takes the following steps:

  1. Print out a copy of the Neurologist Certification form. Visit with your neurologist and have them complete the form
  2. Print out and complete the Registration Card application form
  3. Gather the required documents, including a copy of valid Missouri photo identification and a copy of the neurologist’s evaluation and observation relating to the treatment of the patient’s intractable epilepsy
  4. Submit the completed forms and documentation to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services


    Leave a Comment