Eligible patients are able to receive a Puerto Rico medical marijuana card through the Medicinal Cannabis program offered by the Department of Health. Applications must be submitted in-person at the Medicinal Cannabis Regulatory Board office.
Who can qualify?
To qualify for the medicinal cannabis program you must be 18 years of age or older, or have a parent/guardian apply as an Authorized Companion. You must also be diagnosed with one of the following conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anxiety disorder
- Hepatitis C
- Severe nausea
- Crohn’s Disease
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic pain
- Spinal cord injury
How much does it cost?
There is a $25.00 application fee
How do I apply?
You can submit an application for a Puerto Rico medical marijuana card by doing the following:
- Print out a copy of the Medical Recommendation form
- Visit with your physician and have them complete the Medical Recommendation form
- Gather the necessary documents, including a photo ID issued by the state of Puerto Rico, the United States, or a passport
- Pay the application fee with a certified check or cashier’s check made payable to the “Secretario de Hacienda”
- Submit your application in person at the Medicinal Cannabis Regulatory Board Office in Santurce, Puerto Rico.