Cultivation and distribution of medical marijuana in Wisconsin is still illegal. However, eligible patients can possess low THC Cannabidiol under certain conditions.
Who can qualify?
To be eligible, a patient must be diagnosed with a seizure disorder by a licensed physician.
How much does it cost?
Since there is no application process or registry there is no application fee.
How do I apply?
To legally possess Cannabidiol in Wisconsin do the following:
1. Visit with your physician and have them issue a certification to possess low THC Cannabidiol. This certification must be an official document containing:
- The physician’s name, address and telephone number
- The patient’s name and address
- The date the document was issued
2. The physician must apply for an investigational drug permit with the Federal Food and Drug Administration
Refer to 2017 Wisconsin Act 4 for information on the legislation that makes the low THC Cannabidiol program possible.